Almost everything in business eventually boils down to the rupee sign,” so the adage goes. Hence,irrespective of what his or her primary area of work is, every manager needs a basic grounding in corporate finance. And the need becomes greater as one rises in the organisational hierarchy.
Often on-finance executives have an aversion or even fear of accounting and finance. This stems mainly from lack of familiarity. Years of interaction with non-finance executives has convinced me that if the basic of corporate finance are explained in a simple and lucid manner, negative feelings turn into positive appreciation. This course seeks to achieve this transformation.
Designed to demystify the field of finance, this course seeks to :
- Impart a basic understanding of the accounting reports used in business.
- Familiarise the participants with the financial environment of business.
- Develop skills in applying financial tools and techniques.
- Sharpen the finance sense of non-finance executives.
- Facilitate meaningful communication among managers, using the language of finance.
The programme consists of four modules as mentioned below :
Module A : Accounting and Financial System
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Strategy, Planning and Budgeting
- Cost Analysis and Management
- The Financial System
Module B : Key Financial Decisions
- Basic Valuation Concepts
- Investment Decisions
- Financing Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Corporate Risk Management
Module C : Corporate Valuation and Value Creation
- Corporate Valuation
- Behavioral Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
- Value Based Management and Organizational Architecture
- Corporate Governance and Stellar Value Creators
Module D: Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management
DR.PRASANNA CHANDRA a renowned professor is the Director of Centre for Financial Management . He has over 5 decades of teaching experience in Post graduate and Executive Education programmes